This week, I have started swelling a little bit. It seems to be when I wake up in the morning and then if I sit with my legs hanging down for an extended period of time. like when I am working at my desk or driving. It is fairly easily remedied by putting my feet up, but I still don't really enjoy having "kankles" too much! At least it waited this long because I know with Owen, I was significantly swelling at this point and very uncomfortable. The carpal tunnel in my left hand seems to be getting a little worse each day, but still nothing too bad, which I am very thankful for. I know first hand how bad it could possibly be, so I am trying not to complain and just deal with it. Right now, I just wake up with the tingling and pain, then it passes by the time I have showered and gotten myself ready for the day. It does wake me up a few times at night, but I just have to change positions and it seems to go away. Speaking of waking up at night...holy heartburn/acid reflux! I feel like each night I am propping myself up more and more! I think I may end up sleeping sitting straight up before this pregnancy is over. And, the tums by the bed are a must now! Eh...not fun!
We got all of the stuff that has been sitting in the guest room since I cleaned out closets to storage this past weekend and picked up the box of newborn boy clothes...just in case this is a boy, along with a small bag of "girly" gender neutral clothes we got when I was pregnant with Owen. So, we at least have a few things for the baby to wear in the hospital either way. Also, this weekend, we got a new mattress!!! Hallelujah! We decided not to move the guest bed into our room after all. I am not sure what we were thinking, but after almost 6 years of sleeping in a king, a queen bed just wasn't going to cut it. So, we decided to bite the bullet and buy a new king mattress! Randy LOVES the new mattress and it is so much better for both of us! It is so nice to have my husband back in the bed with me after 2 months of dealing with back trouble and not being able to sleep in that old bed!!! Speaking of our room and Randy's back, we have had to put off our plans of taking down the wallpaper and painting until after the baby is born. With Randy's back problems, we couldn't do it and now, even though his physical therapy seems to be helping so much and he is feeling better, we have pretty much run out of time. I really don't want to be in the middle of that project when the baby arrives, so for now, it will remain the way it is!
Our other project this weekend was to put the glider together. It has been sitting in the garage since January because we had no way to get it upstairs until Randy was feeling better. Poor guy had to take it upstairs then back down this weekend after I got it all together. It was my fault and I take all of the blame, but I totally put the whole thing together before realizing it was the WRONG color! I was being impatient and wanted it together right away, so Randy and Owen watched basketball while I put the glider together upstairs. After getting it all together, I looked at it and realized it didn't match the other furniture at all! I knew instantly that it was the wrong color combo and looked at the box...sure enough, not the one I bought! They had given us the wrong one when we picked it up from the store. So, we had to return it and pick up the right one. So, before Randy had to go to youth group on Sunday, we got the correct one and he put it in the living room. Owen and I put it together a second time and can I just say how proud Owen was of himself for helping me! It was so adorable! Now the glider is together and just waiting for baby to arrive! I am looking forward to rocking that sweet baby very soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment