I don't have a 38 week picture with Owen to compare to this week since he was born on the day I turned 38 weeks and we didn't get a chance to take the picture before we left for the hospital. So, from here on out, this is all uncharted territory!!
Sunday, April 24, 2011
38 weeks
At my appointment this week, everything is still looking good. The baby is active and the heart rate is still strong. My belly is measuring just fine and blood pressure is still great. There is still no dilation in my cervix, but it is softening and the head is now low in my pelvis. So, that is good news...something is happening, even if I am not dilating. All in all, things are looking good. I am still in absolutely no hurry for the baby to come since I am feeling great! We are just taking things one day at a time and enjoying the last few days/weeks of the pregnancy. My carpal tunnel in my left hand is still acting up and seems to be worse each morning when I wake up. But, it is still no where near as bad as it was with Owen and pretty much goes away by the time I have gotten myself going for the day. I do have some numbness and tingling throughout the day, but with Owen, at this point, I couldn't feel my finger tips and my hands were in a ton of pain, so you won't hear me complaining about the little tingling I am getting right now! I will have my liver checked at some point in the coming week before my next appointment. But, I really think that it will check out just fine, since I am not having any symptoms like before. I went ahead and scheduled a "backup plan" c-section at my appointment today, just in case I don't go into labor on my own before 42 weeks. So, if this baby decides he/she really doesn't want to come out prior to May 18th, that will be the birthday! But, given that is 10 days after my due date, I am really hoping it will happen before. I am actually going to put this out there, only because if it does happen, it will be crazy, BUT...I have a crazy feeling about April 30th! That is my Dad's birthday, as well as my Aunt Judy's birthday (my Dad was Judy's 5th birthday present!). I was telling my Mom about this feeling the other day and she said, "I have that same crazy feeling and I was JUST telling your Meme and your Dad that on Sunday!" So, if Baby #2 decides to make his/her grand arrival on that day, I just wanted to have a record that I (and my Mom) somehow predicted it! Last night at church, the family pastor's wife said she doesn't think she will see us at church next Sunday because as she put it, "I think you are going to have a baby this week!" This same lady told our friend Joslynn the same thing the week before her baby was born. So, maybe she has some sort of crazy intuition?! Of course, only time will tell...
I don't have a 38 week picture with Owen to compare to this week since he was born on the day I turned 38 weeks and we didn't get a chance to take the picture before we left for the hospital. So, from here on out, this is all uncharted territory!!
I don't have a 38 week picture with Owen to compare to this week since he was born on the day I turned 38 weeks and we didn't get a chance to take the picture before we left for the hospital. So, from here on out, this is all uncharted territory!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment