I am now considered full term and I guess this baby could really come any day now. But, I don't feel like it will be anytime soon. I feel like I will be closer to the due date for some reason. And, I am perfectly OK with that. At this point, I am just trying to take in the last few weeks of being pregnant and enjoy our last few remaining days/weeks as a family of 3! I am very excited about the arrival of this baby, but there is a part of me that is sort of getting sad for Owen. Don't get me wrong, he is super excited, too! But, I feel like he doesn't truly understand what is coming. He has only known life as our sole focus for almost 4 years, so this will quite possibly be a little bit of a shock for him. There have been several instances where he has nonchalantly asked if the baby is here. The first time, I was getting the car seat cleaned out in the living room and he glanced in from his play room and said, "Oh, is the baby here now?" We just simply said no, but the realization that he really thinks it will be that easy and that life will be completely normal hit us at that moment. The car seat is in the car and ready to go, so Owen has said a few times when we have gotten in the car, "Is the baby in the baby seat?" Well...no Bud, the baby hasn't arrived yet. He really doesn't have a clue what is coming. He is just thrilled about having a baby "brother" (since he refuses to believe he could be having a baby sister!) and doesn't understand the impact this new baby will actually have on our lives! I guess I can't really expect a 3.5 year old to understand...I just hope he will be as excited about the baby once he/she is here and that the whole thing won't be too upsetting for him.
At my appointment this past week, everything was still looking great! My liver is still healthy, which is great because we *think* my liver issues started sometime around 36 weeks with Owen. I really do feel like I will have some indication if my liver starts failing again, considering I felt so bad before. But, the bloodwork every 2 weeks is a great reassurance. The doctor checked me and my cervix is still "closed tight" and the baby is not really low, despite the feeling of intense pressure I get from time to time. She said that was pretty common in second pregnancies due to the muscles being weaker, so I guess as long as it is normal, I am OK with it. But, man, that pressure is crazy sometimes...I seriously feel like the baby is going to just fall out sometimes! Anyhow, as long as I continue feeling great, I am fine with the baby staying in there a few more weeks. You won't find me rushing things unless I get miserable :)
So, all of a sudden, I look at my belly and it looks huge. I think it might be the placement of my shorts because it seems that I may have them a little lower this week than in past weeks, but I am not positive of that. It just looks much bigger this week for some reason. Perhaps I am just hitting that point where I feel huge, so I look huge too?! Who knows!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment