Sunday, April 24, 2011

A gift for "Scrappy"

(Seriously, does anyone know what on earth is up with the spacing on here? I have never had trouble with it until just recently and it is making me C-R-A-Z-Y!)
I am not sure if I have mentioned this before, but Owen has given the baby a nickname. Actually, it all started back at Christmas when we were traveling down to NC. Randy and I were talking about possible baby names and Owen was in the backseat watching his movie, or so we thought. Apparently, he was listening and all of a sudden, we heard him say, "No, that is is NOT the baby's name, the baby is called Scrappy!" And, literally, ever since then, he has called the baby "Scrappy." If anyone asks what the baby's name is, he always responds, "Scrappy!" I have a feeling that name will carry on through the baby's life...yikes!

On Thursday, Owen and I headed to the mall to make a bear for the baby at Build a Bear Workshop. We did this for Owen when I was pregnant with him and it was fun to make this one come from the baby's big brother! For Owen's bear, we recorded his heartbeat and put it inside and we did the same for Baby #2. I was trying to explain to Owen what we were doing when we were driving there and he said, "but, Mommy, Scrappy can just have my bear!" I thought that was so sweet. He doesn't seem to really understand that the heartbeat in his bear is his heartbeat and that we needed a new bear for the baby's heartbeat. But, I love that he was willing to share something so special that has been in his room ever since he was born with the baby! He had so much fun picking out the bear and making it. He is really excited to give the bear to the baby when we bring him/her home! I am certain he is going to be an amazing big brother!


He picked a bear!


This is Owen explaining who the bear is for


Time to stuff the bear



Hi Mom!


Giving the heart some love before putting it in the bear


Rubbing the heart on his heart


Giving the heart a kiss


The heart goes in the bear


Time to give the bear a bath


Scrub, scrub, scrub...and all done! The baby now has a bear made with love by his/her big brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment