Wednesday, April 6, 2011

NC trip

This post is long overdue! I have been a little busy with work and haven't had the opportunity to upload a ton of pictures, so that is the reason for the delay. Better late than never, right?! At the end of March, Owen and I headed to NC for a long weekend, while Daddy went to Florida for the Pittsburgh Pirates' spring training. Owen had a blast on the airplane (4 of them to be exact!). He flew a lot as a baby, but hasn't actually flown again since he was 1, so this was very exciting for him! He was so fascinated by the whole adventure. He actually thought he was flying and landing the plane with the buttons on the armrests that make the chair recline. That cracked me up! He even said to me at one point, when I tried to chat with him, "Shhh, Mommy, I am being the pilot!" Well, excuse me mister...sorry to bother you, let me let you get back to concentrating! When we got off of the first plane, he said, "Mommy, I had so much fun on that plane, can we do it again!?" I was so thankful we had another plane to get on because it really brought so much joy for him and made the late night easier to manage! We arrived at RDU late Friday night and we were so excited to see G-Ma and Papa! Owen didn't stop talking all the way to their house, even given the fact it was 11:00pm! We were shocked when we arrived at their house and he didn't crash right away...I guess he needed some time to wind down before he could rest.

On Saturday morning, we got up and got ready to meet Steph B at her photography studio for maternity picture (which I posted a few weeks ago). We had so much fun taking pictures there and at the Brown farm. Then, we went to her boyfriend's house to eat lunch and Owen was so excited to see RK's buggy! It climbs huge rocks and boulders! He builds them as a hobby and they are pretty cool! Owen thinks it was a monster truck and was very fascinated by the whole thing. He had a blast playing out in the yard with RK, while Steph, Mom, and I hung out inside!

Sunday, we had all morning to spare before we were supposed to head over to Meme's house for what I thought was "lunch" with all of my grandparents, along with CC and Aubrey (little did I know, it wasn't actually lunch at all...more on that later). So, we decided to go to the park and let Owen run around and enjoy the weather. He had so much fun playing on the playground and throwing rocks in the creek with Papa! After the park, we got ready for Meme's and then headed over. I had no idea what was actually in store for me, I was just excited to see my grandparents and eat Meme's cooking! When we arrived, nothing was out of the ordinary...no cars in the driveway that I wasn't expecting, no strange sounds, no signs that anything other than lunch was going on! But, when I walked into Meme's living room, I was greeted with "Surprise!!" and my family and all of my best friends from NC!! Steph B and CC had put together a surprise Sprinkle for me to celebrate Baby V! I was completely shocked and once again brought to tears with a surprise party! I had absolutely no idea anything was in the works! In fact, I was so sad that all of my friends had "other things going on" and were unable to meet up at any point while we were in town. So, I was thrilled to see all of them together in one room! I was beyond honored and I feel so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family...those who gave the Sprinkle, as well as those who made the trip to Hillsborough to be there to celebrate! I will do a separate post with the pictures from the Sprinkle. It was so much fun, to say the least!!

Monday, Owen, Mom, and I went outlet shopping! Owen was in need of an entire spring/summer wardrobe and we definitely took care of that! I don't like shopping much at all and very rarely do I ever go (I know, I know, what girl doesn't like shopping? What can I say, I just don't!), but about twice a year, I love going outlet shopping with my Mom! We always have such a great time and get the best deals. It was a great way to end our trip before flying home the next day. Tuesday, it was time to fly back to PA. We had such a wonderful trip and enjoyed every moment while we were in town. We were sad to leave, but we are excited that G-Ma and Papa will be up to visit in a few weeks when the baby arrives! Thank you to everyone for such a fun time and for the special Sprinkle for Baby V!
So excited to be on the airplane...watching every move going on outside

Happy boy!

After the second flight, Owen walked right into the cockpit on our way off of the plane! I got nervous and thought for sure we were in trouble, but the pilot was so nice. He even told Owen he could sit on his lap, but Owen got a little shy for some reason, so just a picture with the pilot was enough!

Papa took Owen for a motorcycle ride around the block...Owen loved it!!
Coming back down the driveway


Owen was a big helper with Papa down at the barn


Helping Papa spread and sweep hay!


A trip to the park on a beautiful Sunday


Swinging all by himself! When did my boy get so grown up?


Papa wanted to join in the fun!


Climbing on the playground!


Down by the creek, throwing rocks with Papa



This was at RDU on our way back to PA...a sweet Marine started talking to Owen and playing with him! They had the best time making silly faces together. Thank you for being so sweet with my wild man and thank you so much for your service!

No comments:

Post a Comment