1 more week down, only 4-6 or less to go! The weeks are still flying by, but I have a feeling they are about to slow down. As I told my Mom yesterday, I have been checking things off of my to-do list like crazy. So, all of a sudden, things are getting close to being ready for Baby Voelp's arrival. I feel like I have been saying all along that I wish time would slow down just a tad because I just haven't been ready for this baby to come quite yet. As my Mom said, "be careful what you wish for!?" Now that my to-do list is dwindling, I have a feeling time will slow down and I will be begging for the baby to hurry up and come. But, as long as I continue to feel as good as I do now, I am fine with the baby coming later rather than sooner. I was chatting with Amy on Friday and telling her that I was folding some of Owen's old newborn clothes, just in case this is a boy, so that I will have some clothes for the baby to wear when we get home. I was explaining how it doesn't seem possible that he ever wore those clothes. I seriously can't believe he was ever that little! She said, "Wait, did you just say you were folding baby clothes? Are you in nesting mode?" I guess I am sort of in nesting mode, but not quite full blown yet. I am just getting things ready...hospital bag packed, a few necessities washed and ready for baby when we get home, carseat in the car, things wrapped up at work, major errands run, etc. But, I won't consider myself to be full blown nesting until I have the urge to deep clean the house...NOT there yet, I can assure you of that! Amy said she gives me 1 week until the baby comes! Ahhh! The crazy thing is that it is actually possible at this point that she could be right. We shall see!
On another note, I went for a prenatal massage yesterday! It was amazing!!! For Christmas, Randy had given me a gift certificate for a manicure and pedicure at a local spa because he remembered how bad my feet and hands hurt towards the end of my pregnancy with Owen. Well, I wanted to wait until I got uncomfortable and swollen this pregnancy to make my appointment. Also, I wanted to wait until closer to the due date so that my toes might still be pretty when I deliver...I am strange, I know! I still only have a little swelling and I am really not all that uncomfortable, but I felt like I needed to go ahead and make an appointment. Anyway, I called this week and the lady told me they had phased out their nail services. Bummer :( So, I had to apply the gift certificate towards another service. I knew they offered a prenatal massage, so I chose that. I had one when I was pregnant with Owen and I only somewhat enjoyed it. I think it was just awkward and uncomfortable with the hole in the table where my belly went. For some reason, my neck hurt the entire time, too, so I couldn't let myself relax completely and enjoy the massage. I just think the table was all wrong for me. So, I was somewhat skeptical going into yesterday. But, it was an entirely different experience this time around. First of all, no hole in the table! She used what she called, "side lying positions" to get to my back and neck, which, to me, was much more comfortable. I was so relaxed and it was just perfect! I sure wish I had the means to have that done on a regular basis! Thanks so much to my wonderful husband for the gift certificate and for giving me a few hours to go run errands prior to my appointment and have a "me" morning! I think he and Owen had a blast while I was gone, too! I know Owen always loves his time alone with his Daddy!
Sunday, April 10, 2011
36 weeks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment