Another week has passed and I am still in shock at how fast this is going. I can't believe that full term is only 3 weeks away! That is exciting and scary all at the same time. I have a to-do list going of things that need to be done before this baby arrives. Unfortunately, it just keeps growing instead of items being marked off. Perhaps this coming weekend we will begin to tackle the items on our list?!
I am a little discouraged this week at the realization that my carpal tunnel syndrome is flaring up in my left hand/arm. I have been in denial over the last couple of weeks that it was returning. I have woken up almost every morning with a tingly hand and just wanted so badly to believe it was just "asleep" from me laying on that arm. But, in the last few days, I have had more trouble every morning, waking up with the tingling, along with pain and trouble grasping items. I have also been woken up a few times throughout the night with the tingling, most of the time going all the way up to my elbow. At this point, it seems to only bother me during the night and when I first wake up in the morning. Once I get myself going and take a shower, it seems to fade away and not give me any trouble during the day. So, that is good news. It is also very good news that my right hand is not giving me any trouble. That is the hand I have already had the surgery on, so I would be very upset if it was hurting. My left hand got pretty bad during my pregnancy with Owen, but never quite as bad as my right. And, even though the carpal tunnel syndrome was still present in my left when I had my surgery, it wasn't bothering me at all. So, I opted not to have it done on that hand. I am just hoping that this doesn't get too bad and that it will go away after the baby comes, as it did in that hand after Owen was born (it did not go away in my right, hence the reason I had the surgery). I do have the option, if it gets too bad, to get a cortisone shot. But, I really don't think I feel comfortable putting that kind of chemical in my body while I am pregnant, even though the doctor told me it is safe in the 3rd trimester. It isn't worth it to me at this point. I will say that this is much later in my pregnancy than when it started with Owen. At 34 weeks with him, I was in a ton of pain already and just about in tears every day, so it is encouraging that it is just starting and no where near as bad. I am praying it won't get much worse...that is all I can do!


Have you seen a chiropractor for carpal tunnel? Me, Dean, and Tony have had great success with chiropractic care for non-back-related issues. 100% safe :)
ReplyDelete