Sunday, May 9, 2010

HAPPY MUDDER'S DAY!!!

*UPDATE* Well, I have to say that the latter part of my Mother's Day wasn't quite as good as the start. We had a little accident this evening and Owen has quite the boo-boo to show for it. After lunch, naps for the kiddos, and a little family time, Randy headed off to his hockey game and the rest of us went to Young's Custard Stand for dessert. All was going well until Owen fell off of the bench of the picnic table and went face first onto the concrete below. It was the scariest moment of his life thus far for me to watch it all happen and to hear the thud when his head cracked the ground. My first thought was to grab him, throw him in the car, and head straight to the ER because I was certain stitches were going to be needed. But, Aunt Shawnee got to him first and I grabbed him from her just after seeing that it was "only" a huge scrape like road rash and not the gash I was expecting to see. I just walked away with him in my arms and tried to stay as calm as possible while trying to assess the "damage". He was able to calm down fairly quickly with a little cuddling and, of course, his blankie. We got it cleaned up as much as possible and then got him in the car. That is when I fell apart. I was honestly very calm and not feeling overly emotional through the whole thing...until I closed the door to the car. I guess I was just keeping it together for him because I started shaking and balling as soon as I closed that door. I knew he was fine, but I think it just hit me how scary it was to see him go crashing down like he did. Things could have been so much worse and I think the reality of it was like a ton of bricks on my heart at that moment. Thank God for my wonderful in-laws who were there to comfort me because boy did this Mommy need some hugs right then and there. Scary stuff! And, Thank God for only a minor injury because I know it could have been so much worse. The funniest thing is that once we were in the car and on the road, all Owen was worried about was what happened to his icecream. On the way to CVS for some antiseptic wash and large bandaids, he was telling us the story of his boo-boo, but kept getting concerned about the fact that his icecream was gone. He is no dummy, that is for sure. Even after all of that, he remembered that he hadn't finished it :) After getting what we needed, we took him home for a bath and some doctoring before rushing to see the end of Randy's game. Here are some pics from the second half of Mother's Day...

All is going well and life is good here, just enjoying some delicious custard with Grammy and Pappers. But, that would soon be a different story...little did we know what was to come!

OUCH!!!!

And, yet, he is still my sweet happy little guy!

All bandaged up and ready to go to Daddy's hockey game!! (note the Handy Manny bandaid on top of the big one...he insisted on Handy Manny, so he got it!!!)

Watching Daddy...that white blur skating away to the right is him!

When we were leaving Daddy's game, we saw these baby geese with their Mommy! So perfect on Mother's Day...I just couldn't resist taking the picture and sharing :)


Happy Mother's Day to all of our favorite Mommies!!!

I have had a wonderful Mother's Day so far. I had to keep the nursery at the early service this morning at church (which was packed for baby dedication day, but that is a whole other story!). So, Owen and Randy met me there for the next service. I was so surprised when I saw Owen walk up to me with a rose and a card in his hand. He said, "Here Mommy, dis for you...Happy Mudder's Day!" And, he gave me a big kiss! I guess Daddy must have built up the day for him so he knew how special it was?!?! It was so sweet! What a wonderful greeting from my little guy...I sure do love being his Mommy!!!We are off to the Voelp's for a Mother's Day lunch celebration. We hope all of the Mommies out there enjoy your special day. And, to our Mommies, We Love You!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment