Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Cow's Assistant

Mommy's got a job!!! Well, its just a part-time position, kind of to help out a friend and kind of to earn a little extra cash at the same time. My friend, Joslynn, is the Marketing Director at the Cranberry Chick-Fil-A and she had mentioned the position of a Marketing Assistant to me a while back at a play date. I said I may be interested and we agreed she would get back to me when the time got closer. We met up a few weeks ago to discuss the details and I was definitely interested in helping her out. So, here we are, a few months later and, I will be starting soon.

So, what will I be doing? Well, being the Marketing Director, Joslynn has to be at all of the Chick-Fil-A events to do her marketing thing. She has been "tied down" at these events walking around with the cow and handing out chicken and not able to do what she is actually there for, which is the marketing stuff. So, my job will be to take over the duties with the cow and the giving out the chicken at such events. As my wonderful father-in-law put it the other day when I was explaining this job to them, "So, you are telling me you are going to be the Cow's Assistant?" :) He was just full of himself that day and had all kinds of funny things to say about my new job,

"I didn't realize you needed a Master's in Accounting to be the Cow's Assistant? It must be a tough position?"

"So, what does your daughter-in-law do?"..."oh, well, she is the Cow's Assistant at Chick-Fil-A! I am so proud."

"Brie, what kind of degree to need to be the Cow's Assistant?...an (are you ready for this one?) A-Cow-ting degree?"
(that's my favorite!!!)

He does crack me up, that is for sure!!! Being the "Cow's Assistant", as Mr. V put it, is really only a small part of what I will be doing. There are lots of marketing things that I will be doing behind the scenes as well...helping with organizing events and such. On top of being at events, I will also be helping out with the launch of Chick-Fil-A's new Spicy Chicken Sandwich. I hear it is ahhhhmaaaazing!!! But, I can't say for sure because I haven't tasted it yet. I will also be helping with the Facebook page for the Cranberry Chick-Fil-A. Apparently, there are quite a bit of religious followers that look on there daily for the current deals. Who knew? Oh boy, getting paid to be on Facebook...what could be better?!?! hehe :) Joslynn is very creative and very good at coming up with awesome ideas for getting the word out around town (hence the reason she was hired, huh?). I am excited to be part of it and to be able to help her out! And, free Chick-Fil-A from time to time definitely won't hurt either considering I eat there A LOT.....

3 comments:

  1. Please tell me you can hook a sister up with some chickfila coupons!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Brie! You'll be great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, didn't know about this. Congrats and hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete