Saturday, April 3, 2010

Christ is Risen

Happy Easter Everyone!! Christ is Risen...Hallelujah!

We have had a wonderful Easter weekend. It started on Good Friday when G-Ma and Papa arrived late morning. We spent the day outside enjoying the beautiful weather...we even enjoyed the weather when were inside with the windows open. It has truly been an unbelievable weather weekend, that is for sure :) I LOVE having the windows open---it really makes life great and can put me in a great mood, no matter what! While Owen napped, I took G-Ma and Papa to a lighting store here in Cranberry to look for outdoor lights for their new addition on the back of their house. We actually were able to find exactly what they needed, which was exciting! While we were there, I wanted to check out this amazing chandelier that I have seen almost everyday when I pass by. I was beyond shocked to find out that this particular chandelier costs $35,000.00!!!!!! Holy Smokes! Don't get me wrong, it is beautiful. But, WOW! That is unreal! It is a huge ball and is made with thousands of Swarovski Strass crystals, about 1 inch in diameter, and has LED lighting inside that changes colors constantly. Apparently the Strass line of Swarovski crystals are the top notch crystals. I knew that thing had to be expensive, but I was seriously thinking more like $5,000.00! Anyway, that was one of my tangents, back to regular programming..........

Friday evening, we headed to the Log Cabin Inn for dinner...Delicious as always! After dinner, we took them to Simply Yogurt to share my new obsession. And, yes, I said obsession because I could go there everyday, several times a day. But, I try to keep myself to just 3 or 4 times a week :) Saturday, we got up and went to Randy's parent's for breakfast, which was also delicious! After breakfast, we continued north to McConnell's Mill State Park to enjoy the weather and show G-Ma and Papa some beautiful scenery. For lunch, we introduced them to Brighton Hot Dog Shoppe, which is a somewhat famous local hot dog chain. While O napped, G-Ma and I headed to the grocery store to pick up what we needed to make Randy's famous wings for dinner. We ended up having a pretty late dinner because we decided to go to the Saturday night service for Easter so that they could join us. As always, Matt was amazing and there was a packed house! God continues to do wonderful things at Grace, that is for sure :) This morning, I kept the nursery at church and then came home to straighten up the house a little before heading to the Voelps' for an Easter celebration with family. We had a blast with everyone---an Easter Egg Hunt, wiffle ball with the boys, babydoll fun with Ryland, bike riding in the driveway, and a delicious meal! We came home right after dinner to finish cleaning the house for the Coopers arrival. We finished cleaning just in time for them to ring the doorbell! We stayed up late with them, just talking and catching up (hence the reason I am just now finishing this post on Monday!) We are so excited for our week with Will, Amy, and Bella...we are going to be trying to fit a lot of fun in!! Happy Easter everyone---a little belated!

No comments:

Post a Comment