Sunday, December 19, 2010

20 weeks---Halfway there!!


WOW! I can't believe I am already at the 20 week mark! I just remember getting to this point with Owen seemed like it took forever. This time, I am shocked that it is already here!

I have to say that this baby seems to be very active! Don't get me wrong, Owen was too, but the movement has just felt completely different with this baby. I remember Owen moving a lot, but what I don't remember is ever feeling uncomfortable with the movement. I am not saying it is painful or anything, but just startling. All week, everytime the baby moved, it was like a jolt to my bladder. And, everytime, I felt this overwhelming urge to go to the bathroom. It was almost as if the baby was scrapping/scratching my bladder, if that makes any sense. It was just simply uncomfortable and, like I said, startling. With Owen, I remember every movement/kick/punch, I had this feeling of "awwww!" because it was such a sweet feeling. Well, it wasn't like that earlier this week with this baby. I have actually thought to myself, "stop moving, please!" because it was so strange feeling and I was so tired of feeling like I needed to go to the bathroom everytime it moved. On Friday, I kept telling Randy that if the baby kept up what it was doing and only got bigger and stronger, it would probably start getting painful and that I may end up needing to wear a diaper ;) But, when I woke up yesterday morning, the movement was much more "normal" and what I remembered from Owen. I guess the baby must have been in a position that made the movement uncomfortable, but moved by Saturday morning. I was finally able to lay in bed, feel the baby moving, and have that "awwww!" feeling again. I haven't felt that same scrapping feeling again, and for that I am very thankful. Don't get me wrong, I would never complain about the movement, painful or otherwise, but it was definitely slightly uncomfortable! Last night, Randy and I sat on the couch and watched/felt my belly moving like crazy. The baby has definitely started moving A LOT more and the movement is A LOT stronger over the last week!

In other news, I think we may have decided on names. But, guess what, we aren't planning to tell!! It is kind of a surprise, since the names we have chosen are family names. But, I may decide to tell once we make our decision 100% final...even though in my mind, I am 100% certain!! Randy is in agreement for the boy name, but he has another favorite for the girl name...one that I have to say I really don't like at all. In other words, it probably isn't going to work out so well for him, but, I am apeasing him and "keeping it on the list." What I will say about the name that tops our list right is that there is actually only one name for the first name. If we go with the name that we are leaning towards right now, it will be the same name for a boy or a girl, only with different middle names. I am really excited about the name and I really can't see us choosing anything else, but I guess I have to keep an open mind for now ;)

2 comments: