Monday, December 13, 2010

19 weeks


All weekend, while we were in NC, I was convinced that I had popped (and so was everyone else). But, now, looking at the pictures, there isn't as big of a difference as it feels like. There is definitely a big change from last week, but it just doesn't look as significant as it feels, I guess. This was the exact same week that there was a huge change with Owen, so it definitely makes sense to have a more popped out belly as of 19 weeks this go around!

I got a call from my doctor this morning regarding my ultrasound from last week. As we knew from what the tech told us, the baby is perfectly healthy. So, that is the great news. The not-so-great news is that I do, indeed, have placenta previa. The good news about it, though, is that it is marginal and it is posterior. Both of these facts make the likelihood of it moving away from my cervix greater. And, being that it is posterior, if it does not move and I have to have a c-section, it will not be in the way, and they will not have to be extra cautious to avoid cutting the placenta. So, although we were hoping for the news to be no previa at all, we are thankful for the good news of the placement. I will have a repeat ultrasound around 28-30 weeks to see if it has moved or not. I am really hoping that it will, because I really want to attempt a VBAC. If placenta previa is still there, that option is completely ruled out. For now, though, he told me to avoid heavy lifting and heavy exercise. This means I will have to stop running and doing my harder classes at the gym. I can, however, do light lifting and walking/slow jogging, as well as some of the lighter load classes at the gym. So, at least I wasn't told to stop altogether! I am very greatful for the better-than-expected news and I will continue to pray for simply a healthy delivery and a healthy baby. The rest is just fluff, right?!

2 comments:

  1. I can tell a big difference from last week, but maybe that is because I saw you, lol! That is good news...I am still thinking/praying for you and Baby Voelp (I keep wanting to say Scrappy, but I don't want to scar her...or him, hehe, for life). Love you!

    ReplyDelete