Saturday, February 27, 2010
It's the Little Things
We have just put Owen down for potentially his last night in his crib. We plan to take his crib down tomorrow, taking away his "option" each night between his big boy bed and his crib. We have just realized that we have basically given him too much control and that his resistence to the big boy bed isn't going to change as long as the familiar comfort of his "baby bed" is starring at him each night. It is a bittersweet moment. I know I will be proud of him as he proves what a big boy he is and begins to find a new comfort in his new bed. But, at the same time, it is one more reminder that my baby is growing up way too fast. As I sit here with mixed emotions about what will come tomorrow evening, I reflect back on a special moment that happened just minutes prior to taking him upstairs for bedtime tonight. The three of us were sitting on the couch, Mommy in the middle with Owen on my left and Randy on my right, watching The Polar Express for about the millionth time. Owen laid his head on the armrest of the couch and placed his feet near my legs. I rested my left arm on Owen's knee and rubbed his leg. When I moved my arm away, he grabbed my hand and placed it back on his leg, then rested his hand on my arm with just a slight grip. A little later, I moved my arm again and he grabbed it once more, placing it right back on his leg and placing his hand right back on my arm. No words were spoken, yet none were needed. I knew it meant he just needed his Mommy's touch and at that moment, the warm touch of his little hand melted my heart! He is still my baby and he always will be. It's the little things in life that bring the most joy ♥
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Good luck with this adventure! He is a big boy! What a sweetie, I miss you guys so very much, wishing I could squeeze each of you every day! Tell Owen G-Ma is very proud of him!
ReplyDeleteLove you all bunches!