My friend, Carrie, started "Tick Off Tuesday" on her blog a while back and I am joining in the ranting this week. These last few weeks, what has been ticking me off the most is the snowplows. Don't get me wrong, I definitely think they are necessary and that they are doing a great job with all of this snow. You might hear lots of complaining from people around here about PennDOT not doing their job and not getting all of the snow removed. But, I can honestly say that I understand why the plows are having trouble getting all the roads because, let's face it, there has been a TON of snow to plow. And I think they have been on the ball because, really, who is prepared for this much snow anyway? It isn't like this happens every year. I believe they need to be cut some slack. But...back to what ticks me off...it is so unbelievably frustrating to shovel your driveway and have it all clear, only to have the plow come through and push a huge pile at the end of the driveway that you have go back out and shovel all over again. And, the snow that gets plowed in front of the driveway is so ridiculously heavy from having melted a little when people drive over it!! Wet snow seems to weigh so much more than the nice, light, powdery snow. Not only do they push it into the front of driveway, but it gets pushed in front of the mailbox that we just shoveled as well. You see, the mail trucks are not required to deliver the mail if they can't get to the mailbox. So, we shovel out the mailbox so that the truck can get to it. Well, wouldn't you know, the plow comes through and pushes the snow right back in front of the mailbox too. So frustrating!! On top of that, the plow seems to only push the snow to our side of the road EVERYTIME! What about turning that plow the opposite direction sometimes, huh? I guess, really, I am just over the snow in general at this point. We have truly run out of places to put the snow when we shovel and the process has only gotten harder due to having to lift the shovel so high. Ugh! Please, oh please, snow plows, share the love and push the snow to the other side of the road sometimes, too!!
So, what ticks you off? Tick off Tuesday is a great way to get out your frustrations :)

No comments:
Post a Comment