Friday, February 19, 2010
Arrgghh!!!!
Owen's newest favorite thing lately seems to be Pirates! That is only fitting considering we are graduates of ECU, home of the Pirates! He is constantly proclaiming, "Go Pirates!" anytime he sees ANY sport on TV, including the Winter Olympics that are going on right now. Really, Owen? I didn't realize that the Pirates had teams at the Olympics? He has said for a while, and continues to say, "Arrgghh!" But, it's funny, even as his vocabulary started to grow so rapidly, much to our dismay, "Go Pirates!" was the one thing we couldn't seem to get him to say. I remember at Tim and Jenn's wedding, Randy's cousin told him to say, "Roll Tide" and he did. But, "Go Pirates!" was still a no-go. I was so disappointed to hear him saying the catch phrase for another school before our Pirates. At least it wasn't "Go Pack", right? You could say we are very happy that he is so excited about the Pirates now. His favorite book these days is "The Adventures of PeeDee the Pirate" that was given to us at one of our showers when I was pregnant with him. Each night, he wants his "PeeDee book" to be included in our readings before bed. We have to sing the ECU fight song every night as well, which he is slowly starting to sing along with us :) Tonight, he was pointing to the characters in the book and asked, "Who's that?" when he saw some cheerleaders. Randy answered with, "That's your Mommy!" Owen pointed to a male cheerleader and said, "Daddy?" Randy's response...wait for it, wait for it..."No, that's your Uncle Will!" Hmmmmm? Funny, I seem to remember that Daddy was a cheerleader too and perhaps that may even be how we met, but I can't be sure??? "Siyee, Daddy!" as Owen would say. Anyway, to say the least, we are loving Owen's new favorite thing. I thought it was only fitting since it is Owen's favorite thing right now, to go with Pirates as my 1st blog background...don't you think? We are the Pirates of ECU, Hey!!! "GO PIRATES, Arrgghh!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I guess once a Pirate, always a Pirate! ;)
ReplyDelete