It was certainly
not me who left Owen and Drew unattended while making breakfast last Thursday morning! Nope, I would never do such a thing. And, it was
not me that peeked in on them several times and thought that what I was seeing was completely innocent. I mean, 2 boys, ages 2.5 & 3.5, sitting at a computer desk, side-by-side in the chair, seeming to only be chatting and playing with trains doesn't raise any red flags, right? So, it was most definitely
not me who then found the following when I went to tell them that breakfast was ready...

No, my friends, that is
not 3 pairs of scissors and a cut up mouse pad that you are seeing! And, those boys definitely did
not try to tell me that they were cutting cars out of paper. And, I can assure you that I did
not put the scissors away promptly, send them both to time out, and explain to them that anytime they want to cut something, they must first ask me to ensure that they are actually cutting paper and not, say, well...another mouse pad!!! All I can say is thank goodness Ryland was safely in her high chair when this was occurring. I guess it could have been a lot worse, right? Whew, what a morning...never a dull moment when we are in Oakmont, that is for sure :)
No comments:
Post a Comment