Thursday, July 22, 2010

Working Mommy

Well, I officially have a J-O-B!
I went through the interview process for this company back in the spring. I actually had to go to the place 5 times and I was certain it was a sure thing and that it was definitely meant to be. But, apparently, they had other ideas. They hired 4 out of the 7 finalists (they started the interview process with around 40 people) and I was not one of them. To say I was bummed out is an understatement. This position is absolutely perfect for me...work from home part-time, doing almost exactly what I was doing before, use my degree, do what I love. What could be more perfect, right? That is what I thought. And, the way that it all played out back in the spring had me believing it was meant to be. But, obviously, it wasn't in God's timing. He had other plans for me that I guess meant getting that position had to wait until now. I got a call from them a few weeks ago and they didn't even need me to come back in for an interview. They just offered me the job and I accepted.

The company is called Bookminders and was started in Pittsburgh by a man who saw great potential in accountants that want to work from home. It really seems like an amazing company and seems just perfect for me. I am really looking forward to getting back to work. I have been wanting to find that balance for a long time and I really, truly believe this is going to be it! I had my first training this past Thursday. I am the only one in the training and it is self-guided, so it was a pretty quiet day spent working on the computer and reading through manuals. Right now, things are a little overwhelming...not the accounting (actually, I haven't even started that part), but the computer systems that are used for navigating the server and keeping up with time are pretty complex. I am sure I will pick it all up soon enough, but for now, I can only say it is a work in progress ;) I am certainly looking forward to the new adventure, that is for sure!!

2 comments: