Monday, January 3, 2011
22 weeks
I had an OB appointment today and everything seems to be going great. The heartbeat was strong and fast and my belly is measuring fine. I did get some clarification from the doctor on the placenta previa. Apparently, I misunderstood what I was told over the phone. It isn't a partial previa, but a complete previa. This doesn't change anything as far as restrictions, likelihood of it moving, etc. It just means that the placenta is completely covering the opening of my cervix. I thought it was only partially covering. He said it is just barely over the opening from the posterior position, though, instead of being even on both sides of the cervix from posterior to anterior. He said that in most cases, this type of previa will move, whereas the ones that are even on both sides don't tend to move out of the way. So, I remain hopeful that this will happen. I did have Owen with me and got scolded a little bit for picking him up. He came over to me while I was sitting on the table and I pulled him up onto my lap. The doctor said that I didn't need to be picking him up anymore. I guess I knew that all along since I was told not to do heavy lifting, but it is sometimes easier said than done and also more of a thoughtless act than something I actually think about before doing. I will have to be more careful about that from now on, I guess! Anyway, everything seems to be fine and normal right now, so that is the important thing.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment