Monday, November 1, 2010

More Owen-isms...

I knew I would leave things out in my previous post. I seem to be able to remember all of the things I want to record until the moment I go to actually put it in writing. I swear this boy is always keeping us on our toes and has us laughing every day! Anyway, here a few things that I left out before...

1. "Chicken-de-Way" - This is Owen's way of saying Chick-fil-A! I even find myself calling it that from time to time and I have to correct myself because he says it so much! And, anytime we are close to it or heading in that direction, he asks if we are going. Now, lately, his Mommy can't seem to stomach the thought of "chicken-de-way" so we haven't been going, but it hasn't stopped him from asking! One day, sweet boy, I promise Mommy will want to take you to "chicken-de-way" again!

2. "That's your rule" - Or, "that's Daddy's rule" or, "that's MY rule" or, my favorite, "that's Buddy's rule". Anytime Owen wants to do something and he doesn't think he will be allowed, he exclaims, "but, that's your rule!" I guess I have said way too many times, "Mommy's rule is..." and it has rubbed off?!?! He will even try to tell me that something is "his rule", which I just love because, really, who said he gets to make the rules? He will also try to play me and tell me that something is "Daddy's rule". Well, too bad for him, Mommy and Daddy communicate and he can't pull that over on me. The funniest is when he tries to bring Buddy into the mix and says, "that's Buddy's rule!" Um, he's a dog and he definitely doesn't make the rules around here!! Sorry, Owen...your tactics might be cute, but they don't tend to work really well :)

3. "All fishin'" - What he is trying to say is that he is all finished with something. But, he seems to mix up the sounds just a tad and instead, it sounds like he is going fishin'. "I'm all fishin', Mommy!" Cracks me up everytime!!

4. "Good Mornin'" - Anytime of day, our little social creature will greet others, no matter where we are, saying, "Good mornin'!" I will say that despite the random times of day this might happen, everyone definitely gets a good chuckle out of it. I just love how he is so kind to people when we are out and about and how he uses good manners, even if it is at the wrong time of the day!!

5. "Tend" - This is how he says, "pretend." And, he says it A LOT these days. We do a ton of "tending" at our house, that is for sure! He will randomly bring us a "cup of coffee" or in my case (sense I don't like coffee), "hot chocate" (another cute thing he says) and tell us to "tend to drink it." He also uses it to describe verbs. Like, I am making a "tend fire, Daddy." He loves to help his Daddy make fires and asks for one every night. And, then he usually "tends" to make another one on his own. It is really cute! He "tends" to do so many things these days and I sure do LOVE his imagination!!

6. "Oh, I got it!" - When we are trying to explain something to Owen, we may have to tell him a few times before he actually understands. But, to see the lightbulb come on and hear him say, "Ohhhhhhh, I gottttt it!" is the funniest thing.

7. "Yes or No thank you?" - This is probably my favorite thing Owen is saying these days. Usually when he is eating or drinking something that he loves...a popsicle, candy, frozen yogurt, apple cider, chocolate milk (yep, pretty much anything sweet or that he doesn't get often!!), he will offer to share some with us. It usually goes something like this, "want some fill in the blank, Mommy? Yes, or no thank you?" Or, sometimes, he just shoves it in our face and says, "yes, or no thank you?" Too funny! It isn't just limited to sweets, but that is when it is the sweetest because he is offering to share he favorite things with us. Now, don't get me wrong, we may only get the teeny tiniest of tastes, but he is sharing nonetheless ;)

8. "That's strange!" - These days, there seems to be a lot in Owen's life that is strange. I am not sure exactly why that is, but one day, he all of a sudden started telling me, "that's strange!" to just about everything! And, it can be anything from a picture he sees to something he sees on TV. But, then, something that the average person would find strange, Owen doesn't even batt an eye at! I think he has just learned a new word and that is why he keeps saying it ;)

9. "Super duper" - Owen has lots and lots of "super duper" things! In fact, pretty much everything he has that he wants to show us is "super duper." For instance, tonight, Randy said that he needed to clip Buddy's toenails and Owen got all excited and ran upstairs, saying, "I'll go get my super duper clippers and help you, Daddy!" It is so funny to hear him call random things "super duper". I don't know where he comes up with this stuff sometimes ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment