Sunday, November 7, 2010

14 weeks

The email I got from Babycenter this morning said, "Welcome to your 2nd trimester!" Wow! Already? I can't get over how much faster this pregnancy seems to be flying by than with Owen. I think with Owen, the pregnancy was my main focus each and every day, which made it drag on. This time, I have Owen that I am focusing on everyday and he keeps us very busy! That makes the time go by much quicker.



I am not sure where the little bit of pooch that I have had for the last few weeks has gone, but it seems to have disappeared. It is interesting that, so far, every week, we have always taken the picture at night. And this week, it was taken in the morning. Maybe it pokes out more by the evening? Who knows? But, it is strange that I have noticed it in every picture since about 9 weeks until now!

In other news, I have really started to feel much better within the last 2 weeks. It seems like I was saying that I was starting to have good days here and there and then all of a sudden, I realized I wasn't feeling bad anymore. What a relief! It is funny how I already can't remember what I felt like. Hence the reason women continue to have more babies even after all of the yuckiness in the beginning, I guess. It's because we just can't remember! Now, don't get me wrong, I still have my moments and get little waves of nausea here and there, but not the all day ick that I was feeling. And, the food aversions are less and less. I am still really picky about what we eat, but I am able to eat much more of a variety than I was just a few weeks ago. Thank God!
I just have to share this because I know I am going to want to remember it forever! This is a funny conversation I just had with Owen when I was putting him down for his nap. We weren't even talking about the baby. We were working on getting him into his comfy clothes for his nap and this came right out of the blue. He is always saying things that just make me laugh!

Owen: "Mommy, can you open up your body and get your baby out?"

Me: "No, Bud, we have to wait for the baby to get bigger and stronger before it can come out. We have a long time until the baby will be here. The baby has a lot of growing left to do first."

Owen: "Ohhhh! I got it! But can the dot-ter open up your body and get your baby out now?"

Me: "No sweet boy, even the doctor can't take the baby out yet. Remember, Mommy said the baby has to grow some more first."

Owen: "Ohhhh OK."

And, then the conversation was done. It amazes me that he really seems to have an understanding of the fact that there is a baby in Mommy's belly. He doesn't seem to have the patience to wait for it, I guess. But, he does have the understanding enough to ask questions, which I love! I am so thrilled about the age he is in relation to me being pregnant with #2. We had all plans to start trying again when Owen was a little over a year old, but then we moved up north and those plans took a back burner. But, I couldn't be happier that it has all worked out the way it has. God definitely has a plan and he is ALWAYS in control!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, he is so smart, Brie! He really is going to be the best big brother...I am sure of that, especially after seeing him with Aubrey! :)
    PS- I had no idea you guys were going to try again after a year!

    ReplyDelete