Sunday, June 6, 2010
Parents in Da hood by Big Wayne (AKA Pastor Matt Kaltenberger)
...was part of Pastor Matt's sermon this morning...quite hilarious! He has been doing a series called "Parenthood" for the past few weeks and today he spoke to the teens in the church about respecting their parents and obeying their parents' authority. Well, he told them that when in doubt they should remember to RAP (Respect Appreciate Play by the rules). He kept getting them to repeat the following, "Respect and appreciate day and night, obey your parents for this is right!" He wanted them to eventually say it with "swagger" so I had a feeling he was heading somewhere funny with it, but it didn't dawn on me until later. At the end of the service today, right after the RAP part of his sermon, he said to us, with a smirk on his face while leaning on his podium, "I am not sure if many of you know this, but my middle name is Wayne?!" Immediately, there was a realization across the congregation of where he was heading and we knew (well, at least I knew, and it seemed that others could tell as well) he was going to do some kind of rap for us....he then introduced us to his counterpart, Big Wayne on the video screen (you know, like the rapper "Lil Wayne"?). It was just too funny! Our Family Pastor, Bob Zontz, and Matt's wife, Dana are also in the rap video. And, yes, we have the coolest Pastor EVER!!!!!!! (For some reason, I can't get it small enough to see the entire screen on the blog page, so HERE is the link)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Haha... that was cute!!!
ReplyDeleteSo when can I convince Matt to move to NC near me! I love how he gets that message across in a meaningful way but appeal to the ones he is speaking to. Loved it! Thanks for posting!
ReplyDeleteNoooooo!!! You can't have him :) I am not thinking he is going anywhere anytime soon anyway...they officially have land and are hoping to be in a new church in 15-18 months!! Yippee :)
ReplyDelete