


I cut the grass for the first time in my ENTIRE LIFE!!! It is something that, growing up, I never had to do. Cutting the grass was my brother and my Dad's chore. I focused on the inside with my Mom. It is just how it was. Don't get me wrong, I rode with my Dad all the time. But, actually doing myself was not something I ever did. And, then, I never lived anywhere that I needed to do it once I was on my own until Randy and I got married. He enjoys doing it and we agreed early on that I would take care of the inside of the house and he would do the outside. So, once again, it is just how it is, I don't have to do it. Nor, have I ever wanted to learn. There have been several times when Randy has wanted to teach me and I have refused because I just don't want to know. I guess I just never had any interest. He always said he was worried about what I would do if anything ever happened to him. Well, I told him that I would just hire one of those lawn care services, so don't worry!! ;) But, let's face it, cutting the grass is something I should just know how to do. However, I needed to make that realization on my own terms and not because he wanted me to. So, on Tuesday, as I was standing in the front yard, chatting with Dorsi, I realized the grass was kind of tickling my ankles. Randy had been out of town most of last week and then we left for the Lake on Friday. We returned Sunday evening and he left at 5am Monday morning for another work trip. Needless to say, the grass was in desperate need of some attention. And, poor Randy wasn't even around to tend to it. So, knowing that Dorsi had cut their grass from time to time, I asked her to show me how to get the thing started and I busted it out while she watched Owen for me. I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed myself! Actually, I would go so far to say that I loved it! Maybe that is just the newness of it all, but whatever the reason, I will probably cut the grass for Randy from time to time when he is out of town and it needs to be done. Don't expect to ever see me on the riding mower, though. I can see myself riding right through the fence and keeping on going. The mere thought of that thing really overwhelms me! (And, yes, just so we are clear, those are pee stains in the backyard. What can I say, our dog is HUGE and has some extremely potent urine!! We tried containing it for a while, but that was just too much trouble and not worth it. Yes, we are aware it looks bad, but there is really nothing we can do about it at this point!)

MAN! Look how straight those rows are! Proud of you girl!
ReplyDelete