Monday, June 14, 2010

Miss Saigon


For my birthday, Ms. Holly took me to dinner and to see Miss Saigon! We went this past Sunday night and it was amazing!!! We attempted to go to one place for dinner that was clearly supposed to be a "high class" restaurant. However, everything we tried to order, they were "out of" and then we were having trouble getting our server to return to our table once we decided on alternatives. So, we got up and left and moved on to a much more friendly atmosphere where we were able to order just what we wanted and get great service...the Seventh Street Grille in downtown Pittsburgh. We were able to enjoy ourselves together and have great conversation, which we were not able to do at the first place. the Seventh Street Grille was delicious and just what we needed after such poor service at the first place, which only proves that "high class" establishments don't always offer the best food/service!

Anyway, Ms. Holly was so sweet and got us Orchestra seats for the show! I have never sat that close for any musical before and it was breathtaking! If you haven't seen Miss Saigon, I highly recommend it. However, I also recommend taking a box of tissues! I only thought I knew what the sad story line was, but WOW, that ending hit me like a ton of bricks!!! I can't say for sure, but I may have actually blurted out, "NOOOOO!" during the show, followed promptly by sobbing and tears streaming down my face. I had tissues with me, but I was way too sucked into the show to reach down and grab them out of my purse! So, I was a blubbering mess when the lights came on and the curtains closed! Miss Saigon is by far one of the most moving stories ever and definitely worth seeing! Thank you Ms. Holly for a wonderful evening! I Love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment