I had my follow up ultrasound this morning. GREAT NEWS...IT MOVED!!! My placenta, that is...away from my cervix, no more placenta previa! And, the baby is now head down, which is also great news! There was a part of me that had a crazy feeling the placenta was going to have moved, but that the baby would still be breach, which would have still meant repeat c-section for me. I even had a dream two nights ago that this was the case. But, as of right now, the baby is in position and the placenta is no longer in the way!! This means that a VBAC is now a real possibility for us and I am thrilled! Now, don't get me wrong, I still understand that anything can happen and I may still end up with another c-section, but I am so grateful to at least have a chance now! So, the plan at this point will be to schedule a c-section for 41 weeks and pray that I go into labor on my own before that date. They will not allow me to be induced because of my previous c-section due to the possibility of uterine rupture caused by stronger contractions with induction. But, if I go into labor on my own and I am progressing as I should, the VBAC is possible! Hallelujah! Thank you Lord for the dangers of placenta previa being a worry of the past! Now we can just focus on keeping this baby in for at least 8 more weeks :)
And, can I just say that my belly is definitely different with this baby! I swear I didn't think so until I started comparing the pictures with those of my belly with Owen. I mean, it certainly "feels" the same to me! Crazy! Just another reason to "think pink". Although I don't put much merit in all of the wives tales about gender prediction...belly shape/size, heartrate, cravings, etc. I just don't believe that any of that really proves to be true very often. Other than the way that my belly looks, this pregnancy has been almost identical to with Owen (the way I feel, my weight gain, the baby's heartrate, the types of food I crave), so that would make me lean more towards boy. But, I just have a feeling now that this is a girl! According to the Chinese calendar, this is a girl. However, it was dead wrong with Owen because it predicted girl with him as well. I guess no one will really know until he/she arrives. Until then, we can have fun guessing ;)
And, can I just say that my belly is definitely different with this baby! I swear I didn't think so until I started comparing the pictures with those of my belly with Owen. I mean, it certainly "feels" the same to me! Crazy! Just another reason to "think pink". Although I don't put much merit in all of the wives tales about gender prediction...belly shape/size, heartrate, cravings, etc. I just don't believe that any of that really proves to be true very often. Other than the way that my belly looks, this pregnancy has been almost identical to with Owen (the way I feel, my weight gain, the baby's heartrate, the types of food I crave), so that would make me lean more towards boy. But, I just have a feeling now that this is a girl! According to the Chinese calendar, this is a girl. However, it was dead wrong with Owen because it predicted girl with him as well. I guess no one will really know until he/she arrives. Until then, we can have fun guessing ;)





As disgusting as it was, I used castor oil to get my labor started. I was 41.5 weeks and had been using primrose oil too. There is a lot of power in visioning your labor and delivery the way you want it to be! (like athletes visioning they win) I visioned my baby turned perfectly and my labor to be under 6 hours - I got it done in under 4!
ReplyDelete