Sunday, October 24, 2010

To find out or not to find out...

That is the question???

When I was pregnant with Owen, neither of us had any desire to find out what we were having...boy or girl? It was actually a complete non-issue and we really had no crazy urge to know. It was so exciting for us to wait and find out at the moment of delivery. I always assumed I would want it to be the same for all future pregnancies as well. BUT, this time around, there seems to be this overwhelming urge to know what we are having...for both of us! It is funny because when Shawnee was pregnant with Ryland, I couldn't understand why she wanted to know and ultimately found out what she was having. I asked her what the difference was the 2nd time around and she said she just couldn't explain it, but she really wanted to know. I was determined that I would NEVER feel that way. I just knew I loved not finding out and couldn't imagine wanting to know with any pregnancy. Well, now I am eating my words and finding myself in the same position. I don't know why...maybe it is because I am not feeling a strong sense one way or the other this time like I did with Owen. I was so certain he was a boy, so perhaps that is why I didn't have the need to find out? This time, I just can't seem to get that sense, so maybe that has something to do with why I am having the urge to know? But, there is still a part of me that really wants to wait and keep it a surprise all along again. It was so fun with Owen and I would love to be able to do it again. But, I have to say, I am really leaning towards finding out. And, Randy is too! At least I can say that we are both on the same page, right?

What to do, what to do??? What are your thoughts? Should we find out this time?

5 comments:

  1. I'm such a planner... I could never wait. Do what you want though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS-- If you find out, I better be one of the first to know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I could have waited....I would have, but I was dying to know! I think yall should do what ever you want...but it sure does make it easy when it comes to planning :) Happy and healthy 9 months!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andy and I both say YES!!!! But, you know us, we are both VERY impatient! Here is Andy's theory- if it is a girl, you will need to buy girl stuff (I know you have a lot of gender neutral stuff already though ;), and you can buy things little by little instead of all at once...and if its another boy, then you can go ahead and get all of Owen's stuff ready for baby boy #2... :) But thats just a thought!! We are SO happy either way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've talked...you know what I think! I know there is magic either way. You can't go wrong with your decision.

    ReplyDelete