Sunday, July 31, 2011

ALV-3 months old


Our baby girl is already 3 months old! I can't believe it. I feel like I should still be pregnant with her and already 3 months have gone by. I am sure I will always feel this way...I think that is just the nature of having children!

Anderson is probably weighing around 10 pounds now and is wearing 0-3 month clothes and size 1 diapers. Her size seems to surprise just about everyone she meets. She is only in the 5th percentile, but the doctors are not concerned at all about her weight gain because it has been steady. I seem to get asked on a daily basis, "How old is she?" And, when I tell them, the response is typically the same, "Oh my, she is so tiny!" or "Wow, was she a premie?" Well, yes, I know she is tiny...she was tiny when she was born and it is expected...and no, she was not a premie ;) The reactions we get from other people crack me up sometimes!

We are getting the cutest smiles and coos out of Anderson these days! She seems to be happiest in the morning and in the late evening, after a period of slight fussiness. I am loving all of the precious sounds and "talking" she is doing. I expect that she will be letting out belly laughs any day now!! She has been sleeping great lately, sometimes all the way through the night for close to 10 hours! That doesn't always happen, but it certainly is a wonderful treat when it does. We finally got her nursery done (pics coming soon) and we will be moving her in there this week! I can't decide exactly how I feel about that!

She went on her 1st airplane ride this past weekend when she and I flew to NC for Aunt Mindy's baby shower! She did great and was such a good baby for me on our entire trip! She even got to go to the hospital with me and hang out with Uncle Will for a little while so that I could go back and meet her TWO boyfriends, Kip and Cole Cooper!

These 3 months have been wonderful and we are loving having our sweet girl around! She is such a joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment