Anderson is already 1 month old! Goodness gracious, where did that month go? I thought the pregnancy flew by, but the month since she was born has truly felt like it was moving at warp speed. She is such a joy and such a wonderful baby! We never knew how amazing having a girl could be and we find ourselves often wondering why on earth we never wanted a girl! What a blessing she has been to our lives!
Anderson is now 7 lbs 10 ozs and 21 inches long! WOW! 2 whole lbs in one month! That certainly makes a nursing Mommy feel proud! She has "graduated" from Premie diapers and clothes to the Newborn sizes, which I have mixed emotions about! I know that she is still such a tiny little peanut, but to us she seems so big now because she has grown so much! It is crazy to think that she is just now at the weight that is considered "average" for a newborn! Anderson has started giving us sweet smiles here and there, but the one person who gets the most smiles is her big brother, Owen. She seems to light up when he is talking to her, which is so incredibly heartwarming! I hope they will always be so close! Anderson has started to get herself into a "routine" all by herself. She seems to nurse around the same times each day and her awake times seem to be about the same as well. She only wakes up once each night to eat (well, technically twice, but since I am such a night owl and go to bed so late, it is only once for me). She loves the Baby Papasan seat and is only somewhat impressed with the baby swing! She literally only cries when she is hungry or tired, so it is pretty easy to get her calmed down, which is very nice! She has taken on several nicknames..."Andi", "Andi Leigh", "Sweet girl", "Baby girl", and "Peanut". My favorite nickname, though, is "M&M". Randy has called me "Munchkin" ever since we started dating...in fact, he rarely calls me by name and if he does, it usually means he isn't happy with me! Since he thinks Anderson looks so much like me, he calls her "M&M", meaning, "Mini Munchkin"! Anderson really is such a good baby and such a joy to have in our lives! She has truly brightened our world!
(The dress that Anderson is wearing in the picture was made especially for her by her Aunt Amy! She is so stinkin' talented!! I still have so many pictures to share from Anderson's first month, but life hasn't exactly permitted me the time to work on the posts. I promise I will get around to sharing those at some point!)

No comments:
Post a Comment