Now, I said I ran with Dorsi...but, she actually ran the full marathon, so we didn't run the whole thing together. I actually only ran about a mile with her somewhere in the middle of my run when we "ran" into each other along the way...pardon the pun! We rode down together and hung out with each other before the start, but she was being paced by someone else, so she had to meet up with him. I can't tell you how excited I was for her after her big finish! 26.2 miles is such a long way and she trained so hard, with lots of pain and worry that she wouldn't finish due to some injuries. She was so nervous and worried for the entire week before, so naturally, I was nervous for her as well! I was getting text messages along Dorsi's run to update where she was and her expected finish time based off of her pace. So, I was waiting at about the 26 mile mark to see her pass! It was so exciting to cheer for her as she passed by me just before she crossed the finish line!! I actually got emotional after snapping a couple of pictures and realizing that she had, in fact, MADE IT!!! After she passed me, I made my way to the park where we were meeting up and I couldn't wait to give her a big hug! I was such a proud friend! She felt great the entire time and is already planning her next marathon! They say, once it gets in your blood, you are hooked! And, I guess that is true! I feel that way about running in general, but they say once you have the marathon itch, you are really sucked in!
Joslynn, me, Dorsi before the race!
There she is...almost done with her first marathon!!! And not even hurting...just truckin' along and makin' it look easy! Love that girl!!
Dorsi and I after the race! All smiles! SHE MADE IT!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment