Tuesday, April 17, 2012

ALV-11 months old!


(Sorry for the delayed post...I started this post a few weeks ago and forgot to come back and finish it. The picture was taken on the correct day, though!)

Our baby girl is growing so unbelievably quick. It is so hard to believe that she is already 11 months old. It makes me sad and happy all at the same time. I wish I could just slow the clock down a tad.

Andi continues to be such a joy! She keeps us on our toes and keeps us busy! She is a mess and gets into EVERYTHING! And when she gets ahold of something she shouldn't have and we take it from her, she gets so mad! In fact, she has even thrown herself on the floor and had a little bit of a tantrum a few times. That honestly scares me to death...if she is throwing tantrums at 11 months, what is to come at 2 and 3? And 14? Ahhh!!! She is relentless with the stairs and we have had to put a gate at the bottom. I swear she has a radar that tells her just when the gate is open, too, because she goes right for it as soon as she realizes! And, she finds a way to get into whatever she wants! She is a little stinker and we literally cannot take our eyes off of her! She is much more "active" than we ever remember Owen being at this age!

She has a few new tricks, which is always fun. She is now cruising the furniture and can stand for a few seconds without assistance. I don't think she is close to walking yet, but she could always surprise me. She is pushing her little push toy around, but gets really MAD when it runs into the couch and she can't go any further...she hasn't quite figured out how to move it to go in another direction. She LOVES to climb on things, which of course is a bit scary! There is a stool in our kitchen that she is obsessed with climbing on and she has also climbed right up onto Owen's small chair in his playroom a few times. She is definitely waving and saying "Hi" now, although it still comes out "Ahh!" in a shrill voice, which is actually adorable! And, she can also wave bye as well, but she doesn't say anything with that. She is also shaking her head back and forth if we say "no, no, no".

Anderson is doing much better with textured/table foods. She will eat any "snack" that we give her and has started eating some pick up foods, like cut up fruits---bananas, grapes, strawberries (bananas are her favorite, the others she could do without), cheese, peas, cheese quesadilla. She won't really go after much of that after the first few bites, so she still gets mostly baby food, but we are working on it. She is in a strange stage right now where she isn't really ready for full blown table food, but isn't thrilled with her baby food either. So, I am really hoping this won't mean we have a picky eater, but I guess we shall see.

She is now wearing size 4 diapers and size 12 month clothes. There are only a few 9 month clothes and a couple of bigger 6 month onesies that still fit her, which is crazy to me. Not necessarily because she can't fit in them anymore, but more because she seems to have almost completely skipped over the 9 month clothing. She kind of went straight from 6 month clothes to 12 months. Andi weighed 19lbs 7ozs at her last visit. She is now in the 25th percentile...woohoo!! She has recently had a huge jump on the charts, that is for sure! We didn't have her length done because we were there for a sick visit, so I am not sure where she stands with her height.

Speaking of being sick, the tubes are doing their job, but not quite how I had hoped. Andi got an ear infection only 1 month after her tube surgery! I was disappointed to say the least. But, the tubes did their job and the infection drained, which meant that there was very little discomfort for Andi. The only part she seems upset about are the drops that I have to put in her ears. They are antibiotic drops to clear up the infection and lets be real, having drops put into your ears is NOT fun, no matter what your age is! I was hoping for infection-free ears now that she has tubes. Oh well! At least she doesn't have to be on oral antibiotics that upset her tummy and at least she isn't in pain like before the tubes.

Well, I think that sums up our baby girl at 11 months! I can't believe that I will be posting about her 1 year stats soon! Why do they have to grow up so fast? I am not ready for that day to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment