9 months have passed since our baby girl was born! How is that even possible? She is still such a wonderful baby and such a joy to our lives!
Andi was 16 pounds, 4 ounces at her 9 month well visit (still 10th %) and she was 26.5 inches (25th %). Still growing, but still so tiny! She is still in size 3 diapers and wears 6-9 month clothes now!
As you can see from the previous post, she started crawling during her 9th month! And, now, she has taken off! She is quick and gets into EVERYTHING!!! When I say everything, of course, I mean everything she shouldn't get into! She can find it all...including a stink bug! Yep, she attempted to eat a stink bug...nasty! I am not sure if it was crawling around and she picked it up or if it was already dead, but I looked over at her as she was pulling it out of her mouth and setting back on the ground...dead! We have stink bugs everywhere and for the most part, we totally ignore them. They don't cause any harm and they aren't poisoness, just a little strange looking and they only stink if you squish them or if you vacuum them up...let's just say we have learned not to do that if we don't want the whole house to smell like stink bug! Oh, and if you BITE them, of course! Ugh, I can't even explain how nasty it was to imagine that our baby girl stuck that thing in her mouth and bit down! Her hands and her breathe reeked of stink bug until I washed/brushed them! Whew, that is one for the memory bank, huh?
Andi still isn't eating anything more than just plain old baby food, yogurt, and oatmeal. She just can't handle the textures. I do give her puffs from time to time, broken up, and she does fine. But, if I give her a whole one, she gags and chokes. The pediatrician said this doesn't worry her and that it just means she isn't quite ready yet for finger foods. So, we will just try again later and see what happens!
She has gotten another ear infection (her 3rd in a month and a half)...this time a double. Basically, this is the same fluid sitting there, causing the infections, from back in December when she got her first one. It clears up with antibiotics and then comes right back when she is done with the medicine. So, our pediatrician felt like it was time for her to see the ENT. I knew that meant she would be heading for tubes like her brother. To be honest, this is what I hoped for because I know how well they work. As it turns out, she will have to get tubes. The ENT doctor said that she can tell by looking in her ears that the fluid has been there for a while and isn't draining properly. She said that if it sits for a long time, it can cause hearing problems and/or scarring. So, she said that tubes are necessary to get her ears cleared up and to get her comfortable again. Although, you really wouldn't know her ears are bothering her other than the fact that she constantly tugs on them. She doesn't cry, she doesn't have trouble sleeping, she still eats great...she just tugs at her ears! At any rate, her surgery is scheduled for March 7th.
2 big things have happened during this month...Andi said "Mama" for the first time and she cut her 2 top teeth! She still only says "Mmmmaaaa" or "Mmmammma", and it only seems to be when she is upset or tired, but I will take it! Randy says I "won" this time...since Owen said "Dada" first! I didn't know it was a contest ;-) Her 2 top teeth came through much like her bottom 2...no warning and no signs; she just all of sudden had teeth. That is nice, I will say! Both of our kiddos have taken teething very well! I know we are very lucky when it comes to that because I know it can be bad sometimes!
These 9 months have gone by so incredibly fast. I really, really, really want time to slow down! She is just growing too quickly! Her smile and her laugh alone are enough to melt a heart! She is amazing and just gets more and more fun everyday!

No comments:
Post a Comment