Although this post is a
Andi continues to be the sweetest, happiest, little baby! She is so pleasant all the time and really is the easiest baby! She doesn't give us any trouble and I usually know exactly what she needs if she does get fussy!
Even though she is still tiny, only in the 10th percentile, Andi is growing like crazy! From 6.5 months old to 7.5 months old, she gained an entire pound...15 lbs 13 ozs at her last visit, which was a sick visit in December. We came back from our trip to NC to celebrate Christmas and I just had a feeling something wasn't right...she was still eating fine and sleeping fine and was completely acting normal, but the slight tugging on her right ear throughout the weekend bothered me, so I took her to get her ears checked. Sure enough, her first ear infection :-( Unfortunately, me taking her in to check her ears meant that she and I came in contact with all of the germs at the pediatrician's office and we both came down with a stomach bug. We then "shared the love" with the ENTIRE Voelp clan (well, almost entire...only Tim's kiddos were spared...EVERYONE else!!). It was a nasty, rampant virus that struck us all at the worst time possible, the week of Christmas...but that is for another post...back to Andi! Other than the stomach bug, she seemed to handle the ear infection like a champ...MUCH different than her brother who was, to put it mildly, MISERABLE when he had one! She was a trooper and after a few days of antibiotics, it cleared up!
About a week after I posted her 7 month entry, her bottom 2 teeth popped through! No real issues with the teething...they just all of a sudden were there! She really is such an easy baby...we are so blessed!
Andi is still in 3-6 month or 6 month clothes, but can wear some 6-9 month or 9 month things. She is also still in size 3 diapers...that should hold true for a while! I am hoping the pile of clothes we got for her back in October will last through the winter because I really don't want to have to buy more "warm" clothes when the seasons will change soon!
She is still doing great with solids, but doesn't seem ready at all for finger/table food! If I give her puffs that I have broken up, she does fine. But, if I give her the whole thing, she gags as if it is completely closing off her airway...when it is only on the TIP OF HER TONGUE! And, the "textured" baby food does the same thing to her! I don't know if she will ever progress at this point ;-) But, trust me, we are in no rush!
Andi isn't crawling yet, but she does get up on all 4's and rock back and forth! She almost does a crazy "jump" motion while on all 4's as if she is trying to propel herself forward, which cracks us up! She is definitely trying really hard! She also rolls everywhere and seems to find a way to get into everything! She is going to be a wild one, we can tell already! She is able to push herself, while on her belly, backwards all over the floor, but can't quite get the forward motion yet! She also does a funny scoot thing when she is sitting. She can get all the way across the room while sitting on her bum! It is one of those things where we wondered if she would just never crawl and do the butt-scoot instead, but I think she may be crawling soon! Again, we are in no rush!
Andi LOVES her big brother and we can always rest assured that he will keep her entertained! He is so good with her and loves playing with her as much as she loves having him around! She gives the biggest laughs to him! Her favorite thing seems to be splashing with him in the bathtime, which is so fun to watch! They just splash and splash and splash like crazy people and she is the biggest instigator which makes it even more hilarious! Her other favorite things are her jumper and her exersaucer! She is still quite entertained in those! During Christmas, because of the Christmas tree, we put the jumperoo down in the basement and pulled out the "Johnny Jumper". She really seems to enjoy that more so than the jumperoo, so we may just keep it that way!
Andi hasn't started making any consenant sounds yet. She hasn't said, "Mama" or "Dada" or really much of anything more than just the vowel sounds. She does make a sound when she is really tired or hungry and fussy like "mmmmm" but I am not sure if that really means anything. When I looked back, Owen was already saying "Dada" at this point, as well as a few other consenant sounds. But, we are not really worried...she is taking things at her own pace and once again, we are in no rush!
Andi has started lifting her arm in the air and moving it up and down and making the "Ah" sound when she sees someone walk in a room or when she is trying to get someone's attention! She is clearly attempting to say "Hi!" which is so cute! She and I went to the local bagel shop one day after dropping Owen off at preschool, and she was bound and determined to get this man's attention who was sitting a few tables away! She kept making that sound and moving her arm up and down...and the poor girl just couldn't get his attention...apparently he just wanted to read his paper and drink his coffee and never even realized she was "talking" to him! It was cute either way ;-)
We can't believe our sweet girl is already 8 months! I don't understand why children have to grow up so quickly anyway, but I truly feel like Andi is growing up much quicker than even Owen has! It must be a second child thing?!?! I feel like I blinked and all of a sudden she isn't a newborn anymore! So, all of these milestones that she hasn't reached yet or isn't reaching as fast as Owen did, are perfectly fine with us! The longer she holds off, the longer she just might stay our baby girl!! I wish I could keep her this age forever, but I am so excited to see who she will become too! We truly are enjoying every moment and taking it all in as much as possible!

No comments:
Post a Comment