Monday, August 30, 2010
Awana
Awana is a Bible Study program that is offered to children ages 2-6th Grade. It started last week and it runs every Wednesday all the way through April. I had never heard of it until my friend Joslynn asked me if I wanted to put Owen in it with Hayden. She grew up going and she swears it is the reason she is so close with God and the reason she is so versed in the Bible. Owen is at the age where he could either be a Puggle (ages 2-early 3) or he could go into the Cubbies (Pre-school age). I decided to keep him in the Puggles class because that is where his friends, Hayden and Gabriella, have to be due to age. I was a little skeptical before going last week, only because Owen can sometimes choose to be uncooperative in a structured setting. But, he did GREAT and he LOVED it. He hasn't stopped talking about the class since last Wednesday and he is so excited to go back this week. Last week, he learned that God made everything and that on the first day, God made light. He really soaked it all in and he has randomly told several people that "God made 'ezerysing'!!" I really need to get it on video because it is so cute. I love that he truly seems to understand God and that he seems so fired up about the Lord!
Snack time (even the snacks are tied into the Bible...on this day, they had a "dark" and a "light" cookie to represent the fact that the world was dark and God made light so that we could see)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment