Anderson is now 5 months old! She is such a happy and pleasant baby. We can always figure out what she needs when she cries...she is very easy to read and pretty much follows a good schedule, which makes it easy to know why she may be crying.
She was 11 lbs 15 ozs at her last doctor's appointment which was for a sick visit. We returned from our trip to NC with 2 sick babies (more on that in another post), so we made a trip to the doctor just in time to have her weighed right at the time she turned 5 months. She is wearing size 2 diapers and is still in 0-3 months clothes.
We have started supplementing Anderson a little bit of formula with each daytime feeding. She began to show signs of disinterest in nursing and my supply also took a dip for hormonal reasons. So, after her 4 month check up, which we did at 4.5 months, I made the decision to make a change. The doctor wasn't concerned at all about her weight, but when I saw that she hadn't gained as much as I thought she should, I started to worry. So, supplementing seemed to be the right answer. I got a little sad about it after trying it for a few days and tried to go back to only nursing, but I was still really stressed out and nervous about her intake, so we made the final decision over vacation to start supplementing. She is getting bottles of mostly breast milk with a little formula mixed in during the day and I nurse her in the middle of the night and in the morning when she wakes up. It seems to be working well, so we will stick with it for now!
Anderson is still not back to sleeping through the night (which she did most nights from about 5-12 weeks old), but her nights have gotten better and better. She is not waking up randomly anymore, only to eat, and then goes back to sleep. She is also now in her crib versus her rock n play, which she slept in since birth and when we finished her room, we left her in it to try to make the transition smoother. She has done really well in her crib, much to the surprise of me. I was sure it was going to be rough moving her there. But, she has been so good!
She is smiling, cooing, and talking all the time now and she is even giggling from time to time. She hasn't started full out belly laughing yet, but she sure is a happy little one! She has almost started rolling from back to belly, but isn't quite there yet. She rolls over from belly to back almost instantly when we place her on her belly...i.e. she never really gets much tummy time!
Anderson continues to bring so much joy to our lives and we grow so much more in love with her with each passing day!

No comments:
Post a Comment