A lot of people have asked where we came up with the name Anderson. So, I thought I would do a post to share the story...
My Mom's Uncle Andy was very special to her and when my brother was born, she wanted to honor Uncle Andy by using his name. Well, she assumed his name was Andrew and gave my brother that name for his formal name on his birth certificate, then shortened it to Andy for his everyday name. A few years later, my grandparents asked my Mom why she had chosen not to use Uncle Andy's "real" name for my brother, Andy's, formal name. Well, the reason she didn't is that she never knew that Uncle Andy's name was actually Anderson and not Andrew. From that point on, she always loved the name Anderson. Back at Christmas, when we were in NC, we were discussing baby names, as we trying to decide our boy/girl name choices. My Mom told us the story about the name Anderson. I had heard the story before, but Randy never knew about it. Later that night, Randy said, "I really like the name Anderson!" I said that I did too and I asked, "for a boy or for a girl?" He said, "well, either, really!" I agreed and we put the name on our list. But, the reality was that we both loved the name and we never discussed any other names from that time on. Our list making stopped at Anderson and we decided that would be the baby's name, boy or girl! Had Anderson Leigh been a boy, she would have been Anderson John (after Randy's Dad and brother), "AJ" for short. So, there is the story behind Anderson's name! Now that she is here, we think it fits her just perfectly!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment